Tuesday, October 10, 2006

GRAND OPENING!

Hello There!

This will one day be the space for the blog that will go along with the premier soccer show in the Washington D.C. area, but for now ... it's just a blog to keep up on the world of soccer.

How about some background on yours truly, huh? Although my actual playing career was cut way too short by an unfortunate (and gruesome) knee injury, my passion for the beautiful game is as strong as ever due to a job in the sports journalism industry that allows me to stay close to game.

This past summer, I made the first of what I hope will be many soccer journeys. The first will be hard to top though, as it was to what has been called the the best World Cup ever, in terms of fanfare and atmosphere. My experiences in Germany have fueled a passion that I have always had to travel the world and now, through the outlet of soccer, I plan on turning into a true globetrekker. The next few years will hopefully see trips to Venezuela in the Summer of 2007 for the Copa America, to Austria & Switzerland in the Summer of 2008 for the European Championships, and of course, to South Africa in the Summer of 2010 for the next edition of the biggest sporting event on the planet ... La Copa Mundial! I also plan on squeezing in a trip to England for some EPL matches, a trip back to Germany for some Bundesliga matches, and a trip to Holland to see my beloved Oranje play in a true "home" atmosphere. If I am brave enough, I will one day make it to Buenos Aires for a 'Super Classico" at La Bombanera, but that may be stretching it.

Make sure to check out THE BLOG that I authored from Germany this past summer and keep an eye on this space for all you will need to know about the World of Soccer.

Please feel free to leave questions of comments ... I would love to hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home